New House Frame Inspections Melbourne
This inspection is carried out after the frame has been approved by the private Building Surveyor who was appointed by your builder. It is a more detailed inspection than the one carried out by the builders surveyor (who would normally only take 10-20 minutes and may have several hundred jobs on for your builder at any one time!!), and includes-
- The checking of the as-poured concrete slab for any exposed steel around its perimeter; any blow-out along its edges that will potentially block the cavity width; as well as for any bottom plate overhang which if not rectified will allow rotation of the walls bottom plates.
- The finish of the concrete is also checked for excessive cracking and/or dusting.
- Floor levelness is also checked across each storey (whenever clear and where possible).
- The checking of the constructed wall frames for their compliance with the Building Code, their plumbness and the correct installation of their bracing.
- The checking of the roof truss installation and bracing.
- We also systematically go through the approved engineering design to ensure that the as-built structure is compliant whenever these have been supplied to us.
Our Melbourne home inspectors will conduct a professional frame stage inspection report for your home.
Frame Stage Inspection Report
This Inspection was carried out on a double storey home of approximately 300 sq metres or 32 squares.
House Frame Inspection Checklist: Problems & Mistakes
The floor slab has been boxed and poured short across the front left hand side of the Garage, which has left the bottom of the wall studs overhanging the edge of the slab by up to 30mm.
BR3 braces have been fixed into the top and bottom plates with only 3no. nails instead of the 4no. specified.
The bottom chord of the truss has a crack through it and will need to be repaired under its manufacturer’s instruction.