Home Handover Checklist: Handover Inspections Melbourne
A pre-settlement inspection checklist for home handovers Melbourne
Most supervisors will rush you through the Handover process, preying on your eagerness to move into your new home and your ignorance of what’s acceptable or not. You should remember that a supervisor goes through this process 1 or 2 times a week, while most home owners would only do it 1 or 2 times in their life, so who do you think is the more skilful at it? That’s why this inspection is a must for all new home owners.
This pre-handover inspection covers more than 500 aspects of your new home, including but not limited to:
- The brickwork for level, plumbness, straightness and to make sure that it is in line.
- The proper placement of articulation joints, flashings and weepholes.
- The correct clearances between the windows and their brick sills.
- The correct bearing of the brick walls onto the concrete slab.
- A simple strength scratch test is carried out on the mortar. Further testing may be recommended.
- The properly cleaning off of mortar from across the faces of the bricks.
- Chipped bricks and/or holes and other imperfections in the mortar finish.
- If your home has been constructed using other external claddings such as Hebel panels or weatherboards obviously these would be thoroughly checked with the same diligence.
- The guttering, fascia and eaves for their level, straightness and correct installation.
- Colorbond gutters, fascias and flashings for damage to their pre finished paintwork.
- The roofline and tile installation.
- All glazing for scratches and chips.
- All infills, cover boards and linings are checked for correct installation.
- All doors for correct clearances and function, as well as the door furniture for its operation.
- All windows reveals are check for bows, sagging or twists that may indicate improper fitting.
- All plaster joints for tool marks, scratches and sanding ridges.
- All ceilings for correct installation and for visible joints.
- All cornice lines for level and straightness.
- All walls and the skirting boards for their straightness.
- All external corners for their straightness and to ensure that they are in line.
- All kitchen cupboards and vanities and the bench tops for scratches and correct installation.
- All tiling & grouting for level, straightness and finish.
- All cut-outs around taps for correct sizing.
- All tile junctions and joints that should be caulk sealed.
- All painted surfaces for coverage, blemishes and paint runs. As well as the surrounding areas for over painting and paint where it shouldn’t be. Nail holes are also checked for proper filling.
- All baths are checked for proper support.
- All other plumbing fixture and fittings for correct installation.
- Insulation to ensure it reaches all the way out to the side wall plates and is fitted snugly into the ceiling framing members, each other, is of the correct depth, and more importantly is not touching the underside of the roof tiles or sheets allowing .
- The heating platform for correct installment and size along with its walkway and light fitting.
- The correct installation of the roof sarking if it is fitted.
Home Handover Inspection Checklist: Our comprehensive pre-handover report for your Melbourne home.
Pre Handover Stage Inspection Report
This Inspection was carried out on a single storey home of approximately 335 sq metres or 36 squares.